Dr. Saravana Rajamanickam M.S., M.Ch.,
An expert in the field of Thoracic Oncology, Dr Saravana Rajamanickam specialises in the treatment of Lung Cancer, Esophageal Cancer and Mediastinal Tumors. This is a relatively rare branch in Oncology, where expertise is limited in most regions in the country. He takes keen interest in performing surgeries with “Minimally Invasive” approaches, using latest technology, including robotics to decrease pain and hardships related to treatment of such cancers. In addition to clinical work, he also is involved in research to establish new treatment strategies in lung cancers.
Being trained in one of the premier cancer institutions in India, he and his colleagues decided to start their career in a small town in India. The institution that they established in 2014 has grown many-fold, and now become a prominent Center of Excellence in the treatment of Lung Cancer.
He has performed more than 1000 VATS procedures for the treatment of Thoracic disorders. He currently has the largest experience in South India with Robotic Surgery for Lung Cancer.
- MBBS - Madras Medical College, Chennai.
- MS (General Surgery) - King George’s Medical College, Lucknow.
- MCh (Surgical Oncology) - Tata Memorial Centre, Mumbai.
- Thoracic Oncology Fellowship - Tata Memorial Centre, Mumbai.
- Worked in Canada, USA, Japan, Singapore, and South Korea to learn the art of Lung Cancer Surgery using Minimally Invasive techniques.
- Performed the First Robotic Lung Cancer Surgery in Tamilnadu in March 2021.
- Has the largest experience in Robotic Lung Cancer Surgery in South India, and one of the highest volume surgeons in the country.
- Has a lot of experience in the treatment of Myasthenia Gravis.
- Is a renowned faculty for National and International Webinars and Workshops in Lung and Esophageal cancers.
- Has helped train more than 30 surgeons in the Art of Minimal Access Surgery for Lung and Esophageal Cancers.
- Conducted the “First” VATS Workshop in Tamilnadu, India in 2015.
- Conducted more than 10 Training Programs for Young surgeons interested in treatment of Thoracic disorders between 2015-2020.
- Conducted the first “Live VATS Workshop” in this region.
- University Gold Medal in General Surgery at the King George’s Medical University in Lucknow, India.